The Middlesex County Volunteers (MCV) are seeking new members! We are volunteers as our name suggests, a conglomerate of professionals from all walks of life who seek to learn and perform at an elite level. We are a historically inspired ensemble performing early music, folk and classical works with contemporary arrangements ranging from Praetorius, Playford, and Quantz to contemporary composers.
The MCV fife section perform on a keyless 10-hole fife, which is a fully chromatic instrument, created from a mix of early flutes/fifes and the need to be able to perform in a more modern setting. Knowledge of the instrument is not required to join, we offer the use of group owned instruments, and ensemble training for people wishing to stay involved in music or wanting to rediscover music in their lives! Private and small group lessons can also be offered on a case by case basis.
MCV drum section play Cooperman rope tension snare and bass drums. Rudimental drumming knowledge is required to join.
- a musical experience unlike any other
- touring opportunities at a subsidized cost to full time members (local and internationally)
- weekly rehearsals (Sunday evenings in the Boston Metro area)
- Middlesex Chamber Players for fifers to join outside of the full ensemble
- around 25 potential performances per year
MCV also seeks additional Color Guard recruits: we have immediate openings for this section.
Basic requirements for MCV membership:
- Must be age 16 or older
- Must be able to march in our style (training available)
- Required to pass specific audition requirements for the fife or drum line
If interested in learning more about the musical requirements for membership, audition requirements, etc. please feel free to contact us by email or phone.
Middlesex County Volunteers Fifes & Drums
26 Orne Street
Salem, Massachusetts 01970 USA